Ribbon Cutting are a great way to generate publicity about the opening or reopening of your business location. A photograph will be taken and provided for you by the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce. It will also appear in our Business Connection newsletter and in the Chamber's social media feeds. If you are interested in having the Lancaster Chamber host a ribbon cutting for you, here is some important information:
- Ribbon cuttings are held for Chamber Members only, so join today!
- Ribbon cuttings are for new businesses opening or the opening/reopening of a new/remodeled location. We encourage established businesses, who are newly joining the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce to host a Lancaster Chamber Quarterly Mixer to raise awareness about their products or services.
- Ribbon cutting will be held on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM only. In consideration of those attending, the Chamber prefers to have only one ribbon cutting scheduled per week. Exceptions will be considered if the grand opening is associated with the opening of a major shopping center or major community event.
- Your ribbon cutting will be attended by the Chamber's Ambassadors, an official representative of the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Miss Lancaster (schedule permitting)
- Hosts that wish to include the ribbon cutting with a larger event (such as a grand opening party) may do so. However, the business will be responsible for coordinating any and all invitations, press releases, refreshments, decorations, etc.